The Head of Channel Management is responsible for the development and execution of Bolste’s channel distribution strategy to build the pipeline of prospects through partners such as reseller partners, consultants, and associations.
- Sets short and long-term channel sales strategies
- Develops relationships and structures partnerships with channel partners
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Coordinates development of sales and marketing materials required for channel partners to be successful
- Promotes Bolste within channel organizations
- Trains sales resources within channel and attends client meetings with them where possible
- Directs leads developed within the channel to the appropriate sales person within Bolste
- Participates in Bolste sales discussions as needed
- Manages potential channel conflict with other sales channels
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales
- Evaluates effectiveness of partner programs and improves upon them
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to negotiate and structure partnerships
- Solid Coaching and Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, partners and customers
- 4-7 years experience selling B-to-B SaaS solutions
- Experience developing channel partnerships with external partners and resellers
- A true team player
- Relevant degrees - Business or Marketing Degree or equivalent work experience
- SaaS Sales and channel partnership management
Bolste will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not be exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level is usually moderate.
Bolste will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally need to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; or taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.